Deep Web Outline - how to access parts of it. • “all of...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Deep Web Outline Everyone in this room has used the Internet before. Say I asked you to find information on tax revenues in Columbia from 10 years, but you were not allowed to use a search engine. Most people would be clueless, since 127 billion searches were through search engines in 2008, according to editor Erick Schonfeld of techcrunch.com. Now what if told you that search engines only produce 20% of all the information that is available on the Internet. Seems very miniscule doesn’t it? The other 80% is known as the “deep” or “invisible” web, and I will be telling you what it is, what kind of information it has, and
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: how to access parts of it. • “all of the information available on the World Wide Web that cannot be found by using general purpose search engines” Going Beyond Google 1. Unsearchable information: • Data bases are constantly changing, so you cannot access all of it • Search engines limit the amount of information on a site that is indexed Library of Congress • Pictures • Comments on a website such as facebook • Websites requiring a subscription...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 10/13/2011 for the course SPEECH 140 taught by Professor Thye during the Spring '11 term at South Carolina.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online