This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: .
20. J. H. Lienhard and V. K. Dhir. “Hydrodynamic Prediction
of Peak Pool Boiling Heat Fluxes from Finite Bodies.”
Journal of Heat Transfer 95 (1973), pp. 152–158.
21. W. H. McAdams. Heat Transmission. 3rd ed. New York:
22. W. M. Rohsenow. “A Method of Correlating Heat
Transfer Data for Surface Boiling of Liquids.” ASME
Transactions 74 (1952), pp. 969–975.
23. D. S. Steinberg. Cooling Techniques for Electronic
Equipment. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1980.
24. W. M. Rohsenow. “Film Condensation.” In Handbook of
Heat Transfer, ed. W. M. Rohsenow and J. P. Hartnett, Ch.
12A. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1973.
25. I. G. Shekriladze, I. G. Gomelauri, and V. I. Gomelauri.
“Theoretical Study of Laminar Film Condensation of
Flowing Vapor.” International Journal of Heat Mass
Transfer 9 (1966), pp. 591–592.
26. N. V. Suryanarayana. Engineering Heat Transfer. St. Paul,
MN: West Publishing, 1995.
27. J. W. Westwater and J. G. Santangelo. Industrial
Engineering Chemistry 47 (1955), p. 1605.
28. N. Zuber. “On the Stability of Boiling Heat Transfer.”
ASME Transactions 80 (1958), pp. 711–720. PROBLEMS*
Boiling Heat Transfer
10–1C What is boiling? What mechanisms are responsible
for the very high heat transfer coefficients in nucleate boiling?
10–2C Does the amount of heat absorbed as 1 kg of saturated
liquid water boils at 100°C have to be equal to the amount of
heat released as 1 kg of saturated water vapor condenses at
100°C? *Problems designated by a “C” are concept questions, and
students are encouraged to answer them all. Problems designated
by an “E” are in English units, and the SI users can ignore them.
Problems with an EES-CD icon
are solved using EES, and
complete solutions together with parametric studies are included
on the enclosed CD. Problems with a computer-EES icon
comprehensive in nature, and are intended to be solved with a
computer, preferably using the EES software that accompanies
this text. cen589...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/28/2010 for the course HEAT ENG taught by Professor Ghaz during the Spring '10 term at University of Guelph.
- Spring '10