Unformatted text preview: Homework Assignment #3
Please turn in your homework before 1 pm on Friday Dec. 4th, 2009. The assignment box is located in
Trottier (outside of the undergraduate office).
Please be noted that some randomly selected problems will be graded, which will represent your total
Please work on these problems on your own. Discussions are not allowed.
1. Problem 14.15, page 538 in the text book. [20 points]
2. Problem 14.16, page 539 in the text book. [20 points]
3. Problem 14.18, page 539 in the text book. [20 points]
4. A rectangular waveguide with dimensions a = 2.5 cm and b = 1 cm is to operate below 15.1 GHz. (a)
How many TE and TM modes can the waveguide transmit if the guide is filled with a medium
1 ? (b) Calculate the cutoff frequencies of the modes. (c)
Write the general instantaneous field expressions for the TM and TE modes. (d) Deduce those for
TE01 and TM12 modes. [40 points] Solutions
1. 2. 3. 4. Cutoff frequencies of rectangular waveguides with a = 2.5b. ...
View Full Document
- Fall '10
- Cutoff frequency, Waveguide