Article 1: General Provisions
SECTION 101. Definitions In this [Act]:
SECTION 103. Effect of Partnership Agreement; Nonwaivable Provisions.
SECTION 105. Execution, Filing, and Recording of Statements.
SECTION 106. Governing Law.
* * * *
(6) "Partnership" means an association of two or more persons to carry on as co-owners a business for profit formed under Section 202,
predecessor law, or comparable law of another jurisdiction.
(7) "Partnership agreement" means the agreement, whether written, oral, or implied, among the partners concerning the partnership,
including amendments to the partnership agreement.
(8) "Partnership at will" means a partnership in which the partners have not agreed to remain partners until the expiration of a definite term
or the completion of a particular undertaking.
(9) "Partnership interest" or "partner's interest in the partnership" means all of a partner's interests in the partnership, including the
partner's transferable interest and all management and other rights.
(10) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, joint venture, government,
governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
* * * *
(a) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b), relations among the partners and between the partners and the partnership are governed
by the partnership agreement. To the extent the partnership agreement does not otherwise provide, this [Act] governs relations among the
partners and between the partners and the partnership.
(b) The partnership agreement may not: