This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Kroenke USING MIS(2e) – Chapter 1 Crossword Across:
1. To get the most out of this class, consider the ____ you encounter in the context of your
major field of study.
6. Changing the ____ component in an information system is the most disruptive to the
7. No author, teacher, or systems analyst can be totally ____.
9. ____ workers are employed by high-volume organizations.
10. Data becomes information when it has a ____.
11. Information should be ____ both to context and to the subject.
12. Every computer-based information system contains hardware, software, people, ____,
15. ____ states that the number of transistors per square inch on an integrated chip
doubles every 18 months.
16. ____ are defined as the development and use of information systems that help
businesses to achieve their goals and objectives.
17. Management needs to consider the ____ of information in relation to its benefits.
18. An email program might be an example of a ____ information system.
20. A keyboard is an example of ____.
21. Every information system can be thought of as consisting of ____ components.
23. The speed of ____ has doubled every 18 months.
25. It is illegal to actively seek out ____ to which you do not have authorization to access.
26. The two outermost components in the framework are both ____. 27. ____ information was entered into the system correctly and is more dependable for
29. The methods used in producing information is referred to as ____.
30. The five components in the framework are ____.
31. ____ link problem-identifiers and problem-solvers.
2. ____ like collaboration are in strong demand.
3. Both software and procedures in the five component framework serve as ____.
4. Although it is not possible to increase your IQ, it is important to realize that you can
increase the ____ of your thinking.
5. It is easier to work with your co-workers if you get in the habit of trying to understand
6. ____ the material will help you to get the most out of a class on MIS.
8. Information should be ____ sufficient, so that you are not overwhelmed.
13. An example of a ____ information system might be a system for tracking customer
calls into a call center.
14. Every computer-based information system contains hardware, software, people, data
19. The five ____ are common to every information system.
22. A word processing package is an example of ____.
24. Information is ____ data.
28. A group of components that interact together to achieve a goal or purpose is called a
____. Answers not represented: “goals and objectives”, “high value organizations”, “price/performance” ...
View Full Document
- Spring '10