Lecture 4 - Does Old Age Have Meaning

Lecture 4 - Does Old Age Have Meaning - 30% 28% Somewhat 61...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–6. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Does Old Age Have Meaning? Lecture 4
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Impact of Religion on Health Physiology Healthy Behaviors Social Support Coping
Background image of page 2
Percent “Very Happy” By Health Status, Sex & Religiosity of Americans 65 and Older Excellent = Health Health = Good Health = Fair/Poor Religiosity Male s Female s Males Female s Males Female s Strong 63% 58% 51% 45%
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 4
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 6
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: 30% 28% Somewhat 61 59 32 32 30 20 Not Very 54 60 38 32 25 18 No Affiliation 45 67 29 39 18 10 Total 58% 59% 41% 40% 27% 24% Meaning? What does it mean? Readings De Beauvoir Rowe & Kahn Erikson Jung & Scott-Maxwell Gauging Meaning Happiness Successful Aging...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 10/21/2011 for the course PUBLIC HEA 243 taught by Professor Smith during the Spring '11 term at Rutgers.

Page1 / 6

Lecture 4 - Does Old Age Have Meaning - 30% 28% Somewhat 61...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 6. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online