Syllabus

Syllabus - 840:357 KRISHNA Tues 2-3 periods, 10.20-1.20 PM...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
840:357 KRISHNA Tues 2-3 periods, 10.20-1.20 PM Beck 011, Livingston Campus Instructor: Edwin Bryant. Tel: x 23289. E-mail: <[email protected]>. Office Hours: Tue 2.00-3.00 PM. Loree 108, Douglass Campus. Course Description and Objectives: An encounter with of yoga path of bhakti associated with the Krishna tradition as expressed in the classical Sanskrit text, the Bhagavata Purana. The course will primarily consist of an in depth reading of Book 10 of this Purana. Students will then undertake a complete reading of the Caitanya Caritamrita, the hagiography of the 16 th century ecstatic Krishna mystic Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, to consider how the Krishna narratives of Book X translate into real life devotion and praxis. Course Prerequisites: None. Course Requirement: Class attendance and participation (10% of the final grade – 5 or more absences constitutes a Fail grade); a mid-term (20% of the final grade each); a final cumulative exam (30% of the final grade); and a final paper (40% of the final grade). Please note: there are no make-ups for missed exams except in the case of an
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 10/23/2011 for the course BIO 201 taught by Professor Frenkel/cervantes during the Spring '10 term at Rutgers.

Page1 / 3

Syllabus - 840:357 KRISHNA Tues 2-3 periods, 10.20-1.20 PM...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online