Unformatted text preview: Cut & Paste from file with student statistics 5-Oct 2011 Interesting facts taken from Beloit College Mindset List
The members of this year’s entering college class of 2015 were born just as the Internet took everyone onto the
information highway and as Amazon began its relentless flow of books and everything else into their lives.
Members of this year’s freshman class, year'sof them born in 1993, are the first generation to grow up taking
Below are some observations from this most list.
the word “online” for granted and for whom crossing the digital divide has redefined research, original sources
and access toList for the Class ofdevelopments greatly impacted the central experiences and methods in their
The Mindset information. These 2015
lives. TheyGiant, come Phoenix, Frank Zappa, Arthur Ashe and the Commodore 64 have always beenroutinely
Andre the have River of age as women assumed command of U.S. Navy ships, as altar girls served dead.
at Catholic Mass, could include Taylor Momsen, Angus Jones, Howard Stern's daughter Ashley, andup with
Their classmates and when everything from parents analyzing childhood maladies to their breaking the Dilley
boyfriends and girlfriends, sometimes quite publicly, have been accomplished on the Internet.
1. There has always been an Internet ramp onto the information highway.
2. Ferris Bueller and Sloane Peterson could be their parents.
3. States and Velcro parents have always been requiring that they wear their bike helmets.
4. The only significant labor disputes least two womenhave been in major league sports. have always
5. There have nearly always been at in their lifetimes on the Supreme Court, and women
commanded U.S. Navy ships.
6. They “swipe” cards, not merchandise. cell phones, adult experts have constantly fretted about their alleged
7. As they’ve grown up on websites and
deficits of empathy and concentration.
8. Their school’s “blackboards” have always been getting smarter.
9. “Don’t touch that dial!”….what dial?
10. American tax forms have always been available in Spanish.
11. More Americans have always traveled to Latin America than to Europe.
12. Amazon has never been just a river in South America.
13. Refer to LBJ, and they might assume you're talking about LeBron James.
14. All their lives, Whitney Houston has always been declaring “I Will Always Love You.”
15. O.J. Simpson has always been looking for the killers of Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman.
16. Women have never been too old to have children.
17. Japan has always been importing rice.
18. Jim Carrey has always been bigger than a pet detective.
19. We have never asked, and they have never had to tell.
20. Life has always been like a box of chocolates.
21. They’ve always gone to school with Mohammed and Jesus.
22. John Wayne Bobbitt has always slept with one eye open.
23. The Communist Party has never been the official political party in Russia.
24. “Yadda, yadda, yadda” has always come in handy to make long stories short.
25. Video games have always had ratings.
26. Chicken soup has always been soul food.
27. The Rocky Horror always been ahas always been available on TV. on TV to promote fair elections and
28. Jimmy Carter has Picture Show smiling elderly man who shows up
29. Arnold Palmer has always been a drink.
30. Dial-up is soooooooooo last century!
31. Women have always been kissing women on days when Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina
32. Their older siblings have told them about the television.
Aguilera were Mouseketeers.
33. Most have grown up with a faux Christmas Tree in the house at the holidays.
34. They’ve always been able to the governmentold ideas with “been has always madegotten the T-shirt.”
35. The bloody conflict between dismiss boring and a religious cult there, done that, Waco sound a little
36. Unlike their older siblings, they spent bedtime on their backs until they learned to roll over.
37. Music has always been available via free downloads.
38. Grown-ups have always been arguing about health care policy.
39. Moderate amounts of red wine and baby aspirin have always been thought good for the heart.
40. Sears has never sold anything out of a Big Book that could also serve as a doorstop.
41. The United States has always been shedding fur.
42. No longer known for just gambling and quickie divorces, Nevada has always been one of the fastest
43. Electric cars have always been humming in relative silence on the road.
growing states in the Union.
44. They’re the first generation to grow up hearing about the dangerous overuse of antibiotics.
45. They pressured their parents to take them to Taco Bell or Burger King to get free pogs.
46. Russian courts have always had juries.
47. No state has ever failed to observe Martin Luther have Day. worried about nasty new bugs borne by birds
48. While they’ve been playing outside, their parents King always
49. Public schools have always made space available for advertising.
50. Some of them have been inspired to actually cook by watching the Food Channel.
Mindset List is a registered trademark ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 10/24/2011 for the course IE 334 taught by Professor Gard during the Spring '11 term at Lehigh University .
- Spring '11