sa - News Travel Finance Entertainment Yahoo! My Yahoo!...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
News Travel Finance Entertainment Yahoo! My Yahoo! Mail Tutorials More Welcome, jigar_rajpura2002 Sign Out All-New Mail Help Make Y! your home page Yahoo! SearchSearch: Mail | Addresses | Calendar | Notepad Mail For Mobile - Mail Upgrades - Options Check Mail Compose Search Mail: Search Mail Search the Web See your credit score - free Folders[Add - Edit ] Inbox Draft Sent Bulk (25) [ Empty ] Previous | Next | Back to Messages Call Instant Message Delete Reply Forward Move. .. Printable View This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ] Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:55:18 -0700 (PDT) From: "jigar rajpura" <[email protected] Address Book Add Mobile Alert Subject : country case study sample(JIGAR.RAJ To: [email protected]
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Trash [ Empty ] Search Shortcuts My Photos My Attachments Fresh vacancies apply now Online Degree Programs Apply 4 top jobs @monster.com Online degrees: Reputed schools respected sir, these are the following outlines of the country that i have taken up for the region/country case study project. . country selected : SOUTH AFRICA. Health care in South Africa South Africa's health system consists of a large public sector and a smaller but fast-growing private sector. Health care varies from the most basic primary health care, offered free by the state, to highly specialised hi-tech health services available in the private sector for those who can afford it. The public sector is under- resourced and over-used, while the mushrooming private sector, run largely on commercial lines, caters to middle- and high-income earners who tend to be members of medical schemes (18% of the population), and to foreigners looking for top-quality surgical procedures at relatively affordable prices. The private sector also attracts most of the country's health professionals. Public versus private spend Although the state contributes about 40% of all expenditure on health, the public health sector is under pressure to deliver services to about 80% of the population. Despite this, most resources are concentrated in the private health sector, which sees to the health needs of the remaining 20% of the population. Drug expenditure per person varies widely between the sectors. In 2000 about R8.25-billion was spent on drugs in South Africa, with the state spending only 24% of this. Thus, R59.36 was spent on drugs per person in the state sector as opposed to R800.29 on drugs per person in the private sector. Of all the country's pharmacists, 40% work in Gauteng in the private sector.
Background image of page 2
The number of private hospitals and clinics continues to grow. Four years ago there were 161 private hospitals, with 142 of these in urban areas. Now there are 200. The mining industry also provides
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 10/24/2011 for the course MGMT 600 taught by Professor Dr.pal during the Spring '11 term at St. Johns Duplicate.

Page1 / 22

sa - News Travel Finance Entertainment Yahoo! My Yahoo!...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 4. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online