Unformatted text preview: he use of the building can BEST be described as a(n):
a. urban cathedral
d. royal chapel
8. This building utilizes which of the follow design elements:
a. umbrella vaults
b. multi-part plan
d. polychrome striped masonry
9. This structure is located:
a. in a university in the United States.
b. in the capital city of France.
c. in a university in England.
d. in a public square in Italy. Questions about Image Set 4: Dome of the Rock
10. This building is located in:
11. This building can BEST be described as marking a significant:
d. geological feature
12. Which BEST describes the organization of this building:
a. a walled complex with a lateral interior space focused on the site of prayer
b. a longitudinal interior prayer hall preceded by an exterior courtyard
c. a centralized form modeled on the Holy Sepulchre
d. a hypostyle interior space dominated by a 16th century Christian church
GO TO # 101 ON YOUR ANSWER SHEET
Match the numbered element (101-105) on the plan with the appropriate label
(two extra answers): a. nav...
View Full Document
- Spring '05
- Venice, Romanesque architecture, IMAGE SET