Unformatted text preview: HOMOPHONES
HOMOPHONES What are homophones?
•Words that sound the same
but have a different spelling
• Witch and which- do you know what these
words • In pairs think of as many as you
can and note them down on your
whiteboards. Let’s check!
• bear – bare
• reel – real
• knew – new
• no – know
• brake- break
• pair – pear • How many more did you find? Your task!
• Using the words that you have written
down write a sentence.
• Tom knew he had won the game.
• Tom had a new pair of shoes.
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/04/2011 for the course EDUCATION 320 taught by Professor Professorlemont during the Fall '11 term at BYU.
- Fall '11