Unformatted text preview: Macroevolution What is it?
What is it? • Macroevolution is where members of a population over time take on characteristics that are so different that they are no longer in the same species. Macroevolution
Macroevolution Evidence of Macroevolution
Evidence of Macroevolution
• 1. Fossils
3. Homologous Body Structures
4. Vestigial Structures
5. Embryonic Development Microevolution
• Small changes within a species.
• Observed by scientists.
• Almost all scientists agree that this has taken place. Macroevolution
• Change from one species to another.
• Has not been observed by scientists.
• Evidence is produced by remnants of the past.
• Much more controversial aspect of evolutionary discussion. ...
View Full Document
- Winter '11
- Evolution, Embryonic development