Unformatted text preview: RNA
The way that DNA travels!!! Why does RNA exist?
DNA is too big to get out of the nucleus of the cell!!! Nuclear Pores
Nuclear Differences with DNA
1. DNA=double stranded RNA=single stranded
2. DNA=deoxyribose sugar RNA=ribose sugar Additional Differences
3. DNA=stays in the nucleus RNA=leaves the nucleus for the ribosomes in the cytoplasm.
4. DNA=Thymine RNA=Uracil RNA Picture
RNA Types of RNA
Messenger RNA: – Carries the DNA code from the nucleus to the ribosomes. Transfer RNA: – Transfers amino acids into place to produce proteins. How is RNA produced?
1. DNA strand unwinds.
2. Enzyme RNA polymerase splits the DNA in half.
3. RNA polymerase uses the DNA strand as a template to build an RNA strand.
4. Nucleotides of RNA are put into place to make an RNA strand. TRANSCRIPTION
View Full Document