Stress Mgmt Quiz 4 pg24

Stress Mgmt Quiz 4 pg24 - Servings Per Container 1 Amount...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Macaroni and Cheese: This choice is not as hard to fit into a healthy diet. 1 serving uses 30 percent of your daily saturated fat allowance. This leaves you 70 percent for the rest of the day. However, if you ate all four servings in the container (120 percent daily value for saturated fat), you would be well over your daily maximum of 100 percent! Deluxe Combo Pizza: This meal is easiest to fit into a healthy diet. If you ate one serving (the whole pizza), you would consume 18 percent of your daily saturated fat allowance. This leaves you 82 percent of your saturated fat budget for all other foods eaten that day. Note: A footnote on every nutrition label shows that the % Daily Values are based on a 2,000- calorie diet. If your calories needs are high, like young athletes, you will have a greater fat allowance. Also, it’s important to check the Nutrition Facts panel of each product because the calories and % Daily Value for fat, or any nutrient, can vary greatly from product to product.
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Servings Per Container 1 Amount Per Serving Calories 380 Calories from Fat 100 % Daily Value* Total Fat 11g 17% Saturated Fat 3.5g 18% Cholesterol 40mg 13% Sodium 550mg 23% Total Carbohydrate 47g 16% Dietary Fiber 6g 24% Sugars 4g Protein 23g Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 8% 0% 18% 100% total fat allowance % fat allowance utilized % fat allowance remaining 1 Serving 82% 0% 120% 100% total fat allowance 20% over daily fat allowance 4 Servings (Whole Container) Servings Per Container about 4 Amount Per Serving Calories 320 Calories from Fat 90 % Daily Value* Total Fat 10g 15% Saturated Fat 6g 30% Cholesterol 25mg 8% Sodium 730mg 30% Total Carbohydrate 44g 15% Dietary Fiber 1g 4% Sugars 4g Protein 14g Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% 0% 30% 100% total fat allowance % fat allowance utilized % fat allowance remaining 1 Serving 70% 42 gre06755_ch04.qxd 4/11/05 2:00 PM Page 42...
View Full Document

Ask a homework question - tutors are online