Unformatted text preview: of an HA injection may be
related to its stimulation of the endogenous
production of HA by the synovium.
• How does the synovial membrane in the TJA
patients compare with that in the OA
patient? Page 20 No difference between HA and placebo
(saline) with respect to pain relief in OA pts. Graph removed due to copyright restrictions. L.S. Lohmander, et al., Ann. Rheum. Dis., 55:424 (1996) CORROSION
• Contributes to degradation of
mechanical properties of implants
• Releases metal ions that can elicit
an adverse biological response Page 21 Several slides removed due to copyright restrictions.
- Diagram of concentration cell
- Anodic and Cathodic reactions
- Table of electrochemical series of metals with normal electrochemical potentials
- How oxygen-depleted crevices foster corrosion Page 22...
View Full Document
- Fall '06
- joints, synovial fluid, hyaluronic acid