Unformatted text preview: Demonstrative Demonstrative Adjectives and Pronouns
Grammar Essential #41 Demonstrative Adjectives
Demonstrative Adjectives Demonstrative Adjectives draw attention to where someone or something is located in relation to yourself. They must agree in number and gender with the noun they modify. In English, the demonstrative adjectives are this, that, these, and those. Demonstrative Adjectives
Demonstrative Adjectives When objects are nearby use Esta (fs)
– This Este (ms)
– These When objects are farther away use Esa (fs)
– That Ese (ms)
– Those When objects are farthest away use – That (over there) aquel (ms) aquella (fs)
– Those (over there) aquellos (mp) aquellas (fp) Demonstrative Adjectives
Demonstrative Adjectives Examples: – Este carro es azul.This car is blue.
– Esa tarea es fácil.That homework is easy.
– Aquellos chicos son altos.Those boys (over there) are tall.
– Estos libros son grandes.These books are big. Demonstrative Pronouns
Demonstrative Pronouns Demonstrative Pronouns are used in place of the noun. They must agree in number and gender with the noun they modify. Demonstrative Pronouns draw attention to where someone or something is located in relation to yourself. Demonstrative Pronouns
Demonstrative Pronouns When objects are nearby use Ésta (fs)
– This Éste (ms)
– These When objects are farther away use Ésa (fs)
– That Ése (ms)
– Those When objects are farthest away use – That (over there) aquél (ms) aquélla (fs)
– Those (over there) aquéllos (mp) aquéllas (fp) Demonstrative Pronouns
Demonstrative Pronouns Examples: – This car is new. This is new.Éste es nuevo.
– These shoes are old. These are old.Éstos son viejos.
– Those classes are fun. Those are fun.Ésas son divertidas.
– Those dogs (over there) are handsome. Those are handsome. Aquéllos son guapos. ...
View Full Document
- Winter '11
- Demonstrative Adjectives, Demonstrative Pronouns