Unformatted text preview: Regular Uds. Commands
Regular Uds. Commands
Grammar essential #98 Uds. Command
Uds. commands are used when directing people you don’t know as well or people with whom you need to show respect.
Uds. commands are used more often than tú commands. Uds. command
For regular Uds. commands, there are basic steps:
1. Conjugate the infinitive into the yo form present tense.
2. Drop the –o
3. If the infinitive ends in –ar, add –en.
4. If the infinitive ends in –er/ir, add –an.
5. Use “Uds.” after the command to indicate that it is a command and not another conjugation. Uds. command
Examples Speak Hablar – hablo habl hablen Hablen Uds. Run Correr – corro corran Corran Uds. ...
View Full Document
- Winter '11
- American novels, Uds., –ar, –er/ir, Regular Uds. Commands