Unformatted text preview: 2.7 Graphs of Secant and Cosecant Functions Part 2
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
7:38 AM Please check the "No-Name" wall for any
of your work! Agenda: 1. Classwork
2. Lesson: 2.7 Graphs of Secant and Cosecant Functions Part 2
Find the measure of each angle , Questions to ask (and answer)
• What quadrant(s) does live in?
• What is the measure of '?
Lesson: 2.7 Graphs of Secant and Cosecant Functions
Goal: Graph Secant and Cosecant Functions
period: and , horizontal shift:
There is a relationship between Sine and its reciprocal, Cosecant.
There is a relationship between Cosine and its reciprocal, Secant.
• We will use Sine or Cosine graphs to help us graph Cosecant and Secant graphs!
Let me show you… Ch_2 Page 1 ________________________________
Argh! I messed up… let me tell you how…
Horizontal shifts (with
Factor first! Then you can see the horizontal shifts...
State the period, phase shift, and vertical shift of the graph. ________________________________
State the period, phase shift, and vertical shift of the graph. Then graph the function.
To graph, we will first graph its corresponding Sine or Cosine function. So graph first! Ch_2 Page 2 So graph first! You try one! (Whiteboard) Ch_2 Page 3 Ch_2 Page 4 ...
View Full Document
- Spring '11
- Math, Periodic function, Inverse function, Leonhard Euler, Cosecant Functions