This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 4.6 Graphs of Tan and Cot Functions
Friday, September 02, 2011
7:19 AM Agenda:
1. Quiz (this quiz is reference free and calculator free)
As always, silence until all quizzes are turned in. Thanks.
2. Lesson: 4.6 Graphs of Tan and Cot Functions
Lesson: 4.6 Graphs of Tan and Cot Functions
Goal: Graph Tan and Cot Functions
Let's look at the graphs of the two functions (x-scale is , y-scale is 1) Period: = = Two Consecutive
Vertical Asymptotes: Solve: Solve: How affects the graph (unknown y-scale)
Ch_4 Page 1 How affects the graph (unknown y-scale) We will:
• first place the vertical asymptotes
• then apply the value from the center line.
• Draw our appropriate shape
Examples Ch_4 Page 2 Ch_4 Page 3 ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/19/2011 for the course MATH 180 taught by Professor Byrns during the Spring '11 term at Montgomery College.
- Spring '11