Wk4DQ4 - Send your letter by certified mail return receipt...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
According to the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), both the credit reporting company and the information provider are responsible for correcting inaccurate or incomplete information in your report. The two things that you can do to if you find errors on your credit report are: 1. Tell the credit reporting company, in writing, what information you think is inaccurate. Include copies of documents that support your position. Make sure to provide your complete name and address, your letter should clearly identify each item in your report that you are disputing, state the facts and explain why you dispute the information, and request that the information be deleted or corrected.
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Send your letter by certified mail, return receipt requested, so you can document what the credit reporting company received. Credit reporting companies must investigate the items in question usually within 30 days. 2. Tell the creditor and the other information provider, in writing, that you dispute an item. Be sure to include copies of documents that support your position. Many providers specify an address for disputes. If the provider reports the item to a credit reporting company, it must include a notice of your dispute. And if you are correct, if the information is found to be inaccurate, the information provider may not report it again....
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online