chem-3-test

chem-3-test - Chem 1201 Final Exam Fall 2005 1 Which of the...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
————————————————————————————————— Chem 1201 Final Exam Fall 2005 ————————————————————————————————————— 1 Which of the following molecules are POLAR : CBr 4 ,CO 2 ,SF 4 ,NH 3 ( A )SF 4 and NH 3 ( B )CO 2 4 and NH 3 ( C 4 only ( D )NH 3 only ( E ) CBr 4 4 and NH 3 2 A naturally occurring element consists of two isotopes. One isotope with 19.90% abundance has a mass of 10.0129 amu and the other isotope with 80.10% abundance has a mass of 11.0093 amu. What is the atomic weight of this element? ( A ) 10.811 amu ( B ) 10.510 amu ( C ) 10.905 amu ( D ) 8.8184 amu ( E ) 10.217 amu 3 A sample of which of these molecules will have hydrogen bonding as one of the major intermolecular forces? ( A )HCN ( B )H 2 CO ( C )HBr ( D )BeH 2 ( E )CH 3 CH 2 OH 4 In C 2 H 5 NO 2 shown below, what are the approximate bond angles (1) H N C and (2) O C O?
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Angle1H–N-C Angle2O–C-O A 109.5 0 109.5 0 B 120 0 120 0 C 109.5 0 120 0 D 90 0 90 0 E 180 0 90 0 ( A )A ( B )B ( C )C ( D )D ( E )E 5 What is the molarity of H 2 O 2 if a 10.0 mL sample of H 2 O 2 reacted completely with 15.2 mL of a 0.103 M MnO 4 solution ? 2MnO 4 5H 2 O 2 6H 2Mn 2 5O 2 8H 2 O ( A ) 0.391 M ( B ) 0.0133 M ( C ) 0.157 M ( D ) 0.0678 M ( E ) 0.0626 M 6 What is the rms speed of UF 6 at 300 K? ( A ) 1100. m/s ( B ) 6.37 m/s ( C ) 145.8 m/s ( D ) 306 m/s ( E ) 156.8 m/s
Background image of page 2
7 A 5.0 g sample of gas originally at 27 °C and 2.00 atm pressure in a 4.0 L balloon is cooled at constant pressure until the temperature is 10 °C. What will be the new volume of the balloon in liters? ( A ) 0.59 L ( B ) 3.8 L ( C ) 1.7 L ( D ) 1.5 L ( E ) 4.2 L 8 What is the correct symbol for an atom or ion that contains 35 protons, 45 neutrons, and 36 electrons? ( A ) 80 Rh ( B ) 81 Kr ( C ) 80 Br ( D ) 80 Br ( E ) 80 Rh 9 Calculate the empirical formula of a compound which contains 38.8 % Ca, 20.0 % P, and 41.3 % O by mass. ( A )Ca 6 P 7 O 8 ( B 3 P 7 O 11 ( C 6 P 7 O 11 ( D 2 P 1 O 4 ( E 3 P 2 O 8 10 Al and Si are isoelectronic. The silicon ion has the smaller radius because ( A ) Al has an s 2 p 1 and Si has a s 2 p 2 electron configuration ( B ) Al has more neutrons than Si ( C ) The effective nuclear charge is larger for Si ( D ) Si has more electron screening ( E ) Al is a metal and Si is a metalloid 11 What is the electron configuration for the ion Ti ?
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 13

chem-3-test - Chem 1201 Final Exam Fall 2005 1 Which of the...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 4. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online