IHP+501+Final+Project+One - IHP 501 Final Project One Country Profile IHP 501 Final Project One Country Profile Southern New Hampshire University

IHP+501+Final+Project+One - IHP 501 Final Project One...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 15 pages.

IHP 501 Final Project One: Country Profile IHP 501 Final Project One Country Profile Southern New Hampshire University Vanessa Rodriguez 1
Country Profile I. Introduction Purpose The country I decided to choose was Japan; this country is the tenth-largest country in the world was a high population of 127.3 million people (Global Sherpa, 2020). They are also known for the second most exceptional economy for beyond 40 years, and Tokyo being their capital city (Global Sherpa, 2020). They are very known for having a robust cultural structure, great business powers, being technical savvy, with mesmerizing economic control. Their population ethnic group mostly contains Japanese, but also a very minimal population of Koreans and Chinese (Global Sherpa, 2020). They speak a variety of languages from Japanese, Kansai, Osaka, Kyoto, Tohoku, and English (Global Sherpa, 2020). Japan also has the longest life expectancy in the world from life expectancy at birth of 83.2 years (Global Sherpa, 2020). Their healthcare system consists of Universal Statutory Health Insurance System, which is followed by national and local governments and is mandated by law (Ryozo Matsuda, 2020). The reason why I chose to write about Japan is that I have always been interested in their different cultural beliefs. Such as their various temples and their beliefs in Buddha. Also, I am fascinated by their lucky charms and prayers, which give you good fortune, success, and money. Country Detail Japan, health care is known to be one of the best healthcare systems in the world since the fact that most of their populations have a long life expectancy (International, 2020). Their health care system based on generating preventative measures to keep people healthy. They offer a lot of prescreening test and have a lot of programs rolled out to help out their citizens (International, 2020). Japan doctors have sub-specialties which help patients to have the ability to go directly to any doctor that they need for their required health issue (International, 2020). 2
Country Profile Social Health Insurance assigned to people that work fulltime in a company that is large or medium, which deducts from their wages by 5%, and the employer matches the cost for them (International, 2020). But if you do not have SHI, then the rest of the population is covered under the National Health Insurance, which is paid out based on your source of income (International, 2020). In Japan, the government pays for about 70% of healthcare for its citizens, and the citizens pay the remaining balance of 30% (International, 2020). The Japanese government is to be considered a constitutional monarchy, which means the constitutional monarchy, which is the Emperor whose responsibilities consist of ceremonies on the head of the state, he has no power over the government (Wikipedia, 2020). Their government is divided by the same three branches as other states, such as legislative, executive, and judicial (Wikipedia, 2020). The Prime Minister is the person that controls the government, and the Cabinet is the power of the executive branch, which forms the head of the government (Wikipedia, 2020). Japan climate has four different seasons from humid, warm, rainy, and mild

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture