Unformatted text preview: WATER-SOLUBLE VITAMINS: EXAM REVIEW QUESTIONS
1. For the water-soluble vitamins discussed in class (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid,
vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, and vitamin C) be able to identify:
significant food sources
effects of dietary deficiency, including groups at risk
influences on vitamin availability from foods
2. What is the relationship of tryptophan to niacin?
3. Describe the relationship between folate and vitamin B12.
4. What nutrients are added to enriched grain products?
5. What risks are associated with high doses of niacin? Vitamin B6? Vitamin C?
6. Which B-vitamins are involved in energy metabolism? Protein metabolism? Cell division?
7. What is choline? How does it function in the body? Where is it found in foods?
View Full Document