This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: • Hymn #260: Who's On The Lord's Side? Lehi- Return to Land of Nephi
Return Zeniff Mosiah (9-10)
– Obtains cities of Lehi-Nephi and Shilom Noah (Mosiah 11)
– Dismisses priests and installs his own Abinadi
Abinadi Abinadi ab = my father, and nadi = is present
before Mosiah 11:20 – The Lord calls Abinadi to preach
repentance and to warn the people.
– What will happen if they don’t repent? Mosiah 11:26 – people seek to kill Abinadi and he
flees. Mosiah 12:1 & 8 – Two years later Abinadi returns
and tells them that because they did not repent
they will be brought into bondage. Then he once
more warns the people to repent.
– What will happen if they don’t repent this time? Under Law of Moses
(particulars) inductive Principles
(doctrines) Our Day
(doctrines) deductive Daily
(particulars) Father and Son
Father Christ is the Son
– He was begotten of the Father by Mary in the
flesh. Christ is the Father
– He is the Father of our Salvation
– He is the creator of the earth
– Through righteousness we become his sons
and The Roles of Jesus Christ
Titles Father Son Parentage Begotten of God Conceived by Mary Dual aspects Spiritual Carnal Abilities Immortal Mortal Alma
Alma Mosiah 17
A priest of King Noah
Noah sends servants to kill Alma
Alma escapes and hides
He writes the words of Abinadi ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/27/2011 for the course REL A 121 taught by Professor Stohlton during the Fall '09 term at BYU.
- Fall '09