Unformatted text preview: Who built the pyramids?
Who built the pyramids?
And how were they built? Who built them?
Who built them?
• The pyramids were built around 4500 years ago.
Some people believe that the pyramids were built by slaves. However, the huge workforce was actually made up of field workers.
The field workers were free to help build the pyramids during the months of the Nile flood.
The Egyptian people believed that by assisting the Pharaoh to eternal life, they secured their own immortality. Materials used:
• It is often shown that the blocks to build the pyramids were moved by rollers. However, the evidence suggests that the stones were pulled on sledges along ramps and then put into position.
• Water was poured on the ground to make the sledges move more easily. • The stones were tied on with ropes. Other information.
• During the Old Kingdom, about 90 pyramids •
• were built throughout Egypt. They are one of the greatest architectural achievements. Evidence has been uncovered that reveals that the workers were all well fed. Spells were written on the walls of the pyramids to help the King on his journey to the afterlife. ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/29/2011 for the course HIST 201 taught by Professor Sabey during the Winter '08 term at BYU.
- Winter '08