This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Transportation and Land Use: Which is the Chicken and Which is the Egg? • Four-step process begins with current
distribution of land use
• But land use redistributes based on
• EIR of land use as a policy tool with
• Tax code; location-efficient mortgage;
university transit passes; employer requirement
• Elderly and disabled services, youth market,
• Accessibility as a right:
-- Access to facilities
-- Access to Society • Accessibility vs. mobility:
-- Individual or institutions at the center? • "Value-capture" Henry George
-- Different rules for highways and transit
Fall 2002 ...
View Full Document
- Fall '02