This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Analysis
• Keeping in mind that this paper is only 3 •
• pages, the introduction must have some key points completed in four sentences
Name of movie
Main character with one sentence synopsis
Thesis giving how you will analyze Example
Example Animated films are growing in popularity, due to modern technology and comical situations that cross generations. Inanimate objects often have human qualities and can get away with things humans could not. The ability to find humor in a tow truck, such as in the Pixar movie Cars, seems unrealistic. Yet, Mater truly has become a symbol for the average good hearted individual that may not have big city values or a high education, but is a good soul. Between intro and conclusion
Between intro and conclusion
• Highlight four to five scenes in the movie that focus on either character or scenery • Use these scenes to show that your view of the movie is correct and use the movie to prove it, the way you did with research. Tips
Do not forget: Scenery effects Mood
Patterns, colors, etc. make up scenery
What a character says and does not say make his or her personality come out
– How a character dresses and acts also shows change
– – NEVER SUMMARIZE. ASSUME EVERYONE HAS SEEN IT!!!! Conclusion
Conclusion In an analysis conclusion, you are not simply restating thesis or what you have said, you must relate the movie to the real world and suggest that others could relate to it and encourage them to check it out themselves. ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 12/06/2011 for the course RHT 101 taught by Professor Hell during the Spring '11 term at Triton College.
- Spring '11