Unformatted text preview: 02:35
• Introduction Announcements
• • Look on gauchospace for lectures and resources
Syllabus on gauchospace Anthonie Van Leeuwenhoek invented great microscopes
• First to observe human sperm and bacteria
o Bacteria from scrapings on his teeth • Louis Pasteurgerm theory • Robert Kock Koch’s postulates
• Associate • Isolate • Inoculate • Reisolate • Very few microbes are actually pathogens • Microbes can exist independently of other cells
• Microscopic ≠ microbe • Single cell some form clusters and colonies • Of the entire tree of life, plants and animals are the only non-microbes • Microbes aren’t necessarily the most primitive organisms ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 12/07/2011 for the course EEMB 3 taught by Professor Carlson during the Fall '08 term at UCSB.
- Fall '08