Categories of Offenses:
1. Violent Offense (example: murder, manslaughter, assault, sexual assault, including rape or
child molestation, robbery or other violent offense).
2. Property Offense (example: burglary, breaking & entering, larceny, motor vehicle threat, fraud,
stole property, arson, shoplifting, vandalism, other property offense)
3. Drug Offense (example: possession, trafficking, other drug offense)
4. Public Order Offense (example: weapons offense, prostitution, public intoxication, disorderly
conduct, child support, DWI, other public order offense).
5. Probation/parole violation.
Identification and Referral Process
Ohio is the 7th most populous state in the country, and Cincinnati is its 3rd largest city; the 53rd
largest in the nation. To identify Veterans, inmates were asked during the jail intake process or
during prerelease, if they are military veterans, and if “yes” in what branch of service they
served. Some jails had already had a data field set to capture veteran information. Many do not