Unformatted text preview: DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE
ELEG 320 ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD THEORY I
HOMEWORK #2 – DUE SEPTEMBER 21, 2010
1. Starting from the Biot-Savart Law derive Ampere’s Law. Draw a clear picture to establish a sign
convention and identify the relevant vectors. SOLVE the relevant integrals. 2. Derive Gauss's Law for Magnetic Fields.
3. Problem 4.33 in the 6th Edition, (4.30 5th Edition).
4. Problem 4.44 in the 6th Edition, (4.40 5th Edition).
5. Problem 4.56 in the 6th Edition, (4.52 5th Edition).
6. A rectangular cavity resonator consists of a box of the region
and bounded by perfectly conducting walls on all of its six sides. The timevarying electric and magnetic fields inside the resonator are given as follows: 7. Problem 5.17 in the 6th Edition, (5.16 5th Edition).
8. Problem 5.23 in the 6th Edition, (5.22 5th Edition). ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 12/13/2011 for the course ELEG 320 taught by Professor Prather during the Fall '10 term at University of Delaware.
- Fall '10