This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: graphic design 2 PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS– The following is the list of the formats we will use for our next project, regarding other forms of promotion.
• Poster • Invitations • T-shirt PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS Posters – A two-dimensional, single-page format used to display information, data, schedules, offerings, and to promote people, causes, places, products, companies, services or organizations.
• Graphic Design Solutions, Chapter 6, pg 142 – Posters are meant to be hung in public places and to be seen from afar.
• Outdoor advertising (billboards, signs) PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS STANDARD POSTER SIZES– 11”x17” – 18”x24” – 22”x28” (half sheet) – 20”x30” (UK Double crown) – 24”x36” – 27”x41” (one sheet, traditional poster size) – 30”x40” – 36”x48” PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS Poster JP Kennedy & Co. Feed the World, Live Aid PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
Poster Paula Scher Bring In Da Noise, Bring In Da Funk PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
Invitations – A personal form of inviting or requesting a person’s presence at an event. They are excellent promotional tools due to their individuality. – Proper invitations are usually a set:
• Promotional piece (invitation itself) • The reply item (for a person to RSVP) • Return envelope PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
Standard Invitation Sizes – 4”x6” – 5”x7” – 9.25”x4” (tea length)
• Please note: Invitations can be any size, shape, or object, as long as they are mailable. Traditionally, what determines the size of the invitation is the envelope it is to be placed in. Your job as the designer is to make the invitation alluring! PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS Invitations http://www.alrdesign.com/pages/invitation.html PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS Invitations http://www.alrdesign.com/pages/invitation.html PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS Invitations http://www.alrdesign.com/pages/invitation.html PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
T-Shirts – ‘nuff said. – Wearable promotion. People love them! PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS T-shirts Paula Scher Bring In Da Noise, Bring In Da Funk PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS T-shirts Amnesty International PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS Homework– Research, research, research! Look at how other designers have solved the problems you are now facing. – Have sketches for your promotional pieces by next class. DO NOT LEAVE THIS UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. SYMBOLS Graphic Design Solutions– Chapter 8 Next class: – Open Lab! NO SKIPPING. – Work on sketches, roughs. ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 12/14/2011 for the course GRA 113c taught by Professor Lopez during the Fall '11 term at Miami Dade College, Miami.
- Fall '11