1160_Physics ProblemsTechnical Physics

1160_Physics ProblemsTechnical Physics - Chapter 41 Section...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Chapter 41 501 Section 41.5 A Particle in a Well of Finite Height P41.25 (a) See figure to the right. (b) The wavelength of the transmitted wave traveling to the left is the same as the original wavelength, which equals 2 L . FIG. P41.25(a) P41.26 FIG. P41.26 Section 41.6 Tunneling Through a Potential Energy Barrier P41.27 Te CL = 2 where C mU E = 2 af = 2 2 2 9 11 10 8 00 10 1055 10 200 10 458 31 19 34 10 CL = ×× × ×= −− .. . ej (a) == 4.58 00103 . , a 1% chance of transmission. (b) RT =− = 10 9 9 0 . , a 99% chance of reflection. FIG. P41.27 P41.28 C = ×− × ×⋅
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 12/14/2011 for the course PHY 203 taught by Professor Staff during the Fall '11 term at Indiana State University .

Ask a homework question - tutors are online