MGMT 331 EOQ practice SOLUTION

MGMT 331 EOQ practice SOLUTION - Value unit = $500 If we...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
MGMT 331 EOQ Here is an EOQ problem to try: Demand is 1,000 a year Order Costs are $20 per order Carrying Costs are .2 Value per unit is $500 1. What is the EOQ?? = square root of 400 or 20 2. If period demand is 200, and a standard deviation is 25, how much safety stock should we carry if we want 95% stock out protection? 25* 1.66 = 25 + 17 or 42 Hint: we want 1.66 standard deviations of protection for a stockout probability of 5% 3. Alternatively suppose that safety stock and stock out levels are as follows:
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Value unit = $500 If we stock out p( wait) = .5 , cost ?? zero P (lose sale) = .4, cost=?? .4 times 500 or 200 P (lose customer) = .1 (cost = $5,000) . so total cost of a stock out = 700 Stock outs SS Level Total Cost 5 10 4500 3 20 4100 OPTIMAL is 20 units of SS 2 30 4400 1 40 4700 Calculate optimal safety stock and show the total cost for each level of SS...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 12/16/2011 for the course MGMT 331 taught by Professor Dr.raymondsmith during the Fall '11 term at Howard.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online