This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Name:
The legibility of your written solution might aﬀect your grade. Please write neatly.
We, the members of the University of Florida community, pledge to hold ourselves and
our peers to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
STA 3024 Introduction to Statistics 2
Quiz 3 Problem
1) Find the unknown a, b, c, d, e, f, g. (20 points)
The regression equation is
Y = 25.7 + 15.8 X
b SE Coef
0.025 Analysis of Variance
g 2) Interpret the intercept and the slope.(10 points)
3) Test whether β = 0 using the one-sided test with the H1 : β < 0 (given α = 0.05).
4) Find and interpret a 99% CI for β . (20 points)
5) Find the correlation, the coeﬃcient of determination. Interpret them. (10 points)
6) Test whether ρ = 0 (given α = 0.05). Is the conclusion consistent with your answer
from part (2)? (20 points)
Solution: 1 ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 12/15/2011 for the course STA 3024 taught by Professor Ta during the Spring '08 term at University of Florida.
- Spring '08