This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ing Rh
antigen in 1992.
• Won Nobel prize for chemistry in 2003
• 9 Aquaporin isoforms- 6 present in kidney
• Though present at birth, initially resistant
to ADH action- hypotonic urine in infants. Aquaporins
• 9 aquaporin isopforms- 6 present in the
• Aquaporin 1 main channel in Proximal and
• Aquaporin 2 present in the CD is mediated
• Aquaporin 3 and 4 present in basolateral
surface of collecting duct Aquaporin channels
Aquaporin Pathophysiology of SIADH
Pathophysiology Treatment of SIADH
• Fluid restriction
• Salt / urea tabs
• Furosemide / salt tablets or saline
• Demeclocycline / lithium
• Hypertonic saline
• Use of ADH receptor antagonist
Use Furosemide use in SIADH
• No good clinical studies
• Treatment of the SIADH with Furosemide
N Engl J Med 1981; 304:329-330 Feb...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 12/24/2011 for the course STEP 1 taught by Professor Dr.aslam during the Fall '11 term at Montgomery College.
- Fall '11