You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read all 15 pages?
Unformatted text preview: Origins Reflection
June 7, 2020
Luke Hoselton Creation Account From Genesis 1-2 • In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
• God created light and day on the first day. Genesis 1:3-5 Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• On the 2nd day God separated the water, from the sky and made land.
Genesis 1:6-10 • God created grass, trees that would bear fruit and also multiply with
their own seeds on the 3rd day. Genesis 1:11-13 • On the 4th day God created the sun, moon, and stars that would
separate the night from day. Genesis 1:14-19 • On the 5th day god created all the bird and all the fish. Genesis 1:2025 Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• God created all living creatures that roamed the earth and man in his
own image on the 6th day. Genesis 1:26-31 • On the 7th day god rested and blessed that day and made it holy.
Genesis 2:1-3 • God created the Garden of Eden for the man he had formed. Genesis
2:8 Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• God then grew every tree that was not only pleasant to look
and but also could be eaten from. Genesis 2:9 • God also had a river that ran four different directions
through Eden. Genesis 2:10 • God created Eve for Adam Genesis 2:22 Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
Old Earth Creationism (OEC).
Scientific evidence for the great age of the earth (4.6 billion years) and universe (13.7 billion years is strong (BioLogos 2019).
This view typically maintains that the days of creation in Genesis 1 each refer to long periods of time (BioLogos 2019). OEC does not accept the common ancestry of all life forms, often opting instead for a theory of progressive creation in which God miraculously created new species at key moments in the history of life (BioLogos 2019). Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• Evolution-"a gradual process in which something changes into a different and
usually more complex or better form.“(/ , 2020) • Biblically speaking this is not possible.
• Also if this were true about evolution then it would still be happening,
we would be seeing it happen right before our eyes.
• I believe in the Trinity, The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
The Bible and evolution cannot both be true (McCullough on May 8, 2020)
I personally agree with this statement. How can one even
think that evolution and the bible could be both true?
Evolutionary Creationism (EC)
Like all Christians, we fully affirm that God is the creator of all life—including human beings in his image (BioLogos, 2019 ).
Fully affirm that the Bible is the inspired and authoritative word of God (BioLogos,
Accept the science of evolution as the best description for how God brought about
the diversity of life on earth (BioLogos, 2019 ). Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• Young Earth Creationism (YEC) • A faithful reading of Scripture commits Christians to accepting that the earth is young, between 6,000 and 10,000 years old (BioLogos 2019 ). • YEC claims that Scripture is not compatible with the idea that humans share common ancestry with other life forms on earth (BioLogos 2019 ) • Most YEC proponents feel that evolution is a direct threat to Christianity (BioLogos 2019 )
• Personally, I believe in the YEC because the bible tells me so. God
created the everything in six days and rested on the seventh. This is
how I was brought up and taught to believe. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview • I believe that God created all from the very beginning.
• I believe in the young earth view that things were done in a six 24hour days verses the old-world view were time is extended periods of
time (Topic 2 Overview, 2017).
• My belief about theistic evolution view is this, I feel this is a
contradiction in terms. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I am thankful for God and all his creation.
• I have learned to be thankful for the things that I have, instead of
unhappy with what I do not have.
• I also have learned to appreciate more things then I did before.
• I look forward to church and bible studies instead of dreading them. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I belief that everything works out for the good of God.
• I believe I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
• I also believe if God is for me then who can be against me Romans
8:31 How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I also believe we need to love people right where they are.
• I believe love is indeed an action word.
• I believe that we have to fight that prideful nature and really learn to
swallow. Although it is bitter to do so. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I believe we are all sinners and it is by the grace of God through his
son Jesus Christ that we are forgiven.
• I believe in the supernatural or spiritual world.
• I believe in a close, personal relationship with God.
• I believe in miracles. References
Topic 2 Overview (2017) CWV-101: Christian Worldview. Phoenix, AZ: Grand
From page 2
All About GOD Ministries, Inc AllAboutScience.org, 2020 BioLogos 2019 ...
View Full Document
- Spring '16
- Eric hernando
- Evolution, bible, Adam Genesis