The_Three_Parties_in_Civil_Engineering_Projects - The Hong...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Civil 202 The Three Parties in Civil Engineering Projects Client - Employer / Developer / Government Engineer – In-house / Consultants; Project Manager / Project Engineer / Design Engineer; Architect / Electrical & Mechanical Engineer / Land Surveyor / Building Surveyor / Structural Engineer; Specialist (Such as Soil Mechanics Engineer, Foundation Engineer, Highways Engineer, Drainage Engineer, Hydraulics Engineer, Material Engineer, Waterworks Engineer, Tunnel Engineer, Claims Engineer / Contract Adviser) Resident Engineer (Site Staff – Inspector of Works, Works Supervisors) – He and the site staff are responsible to the Engineer to complete the contract in accordance with the design and contract documents. He is responsible for all issues on Site (including safety and environmental controls). He will monitor the workmanship, materials used in the works, quality and progress. He will process variations, claims, time extension, site records (measurements) and payments. He will issue
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 12/24/2011 for the course CIVL 202 taught by Professor Chung during the Spring '10 term at HKUST.

Page1 / 2

The_Three_Parties_in_Civil_Engineering_Projects - The Hong...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online