A&P1 Lecture exam Chap1&2
Name________________________I D Num: ___________________________
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) Which of the following study methods are useful for anatomy and physiology courses?
A) Read the lecture sections before class.
B) Develop memorization skills.
C) Devote a block of time for study.
D) Do not procrastinate.
E) All of the answers are correct
2) The analysis of the internal structure of individual cells is called
3) The study of the superficial and internal features in a specific area of the body is called ________anatomy.
4) Cardiovascular function is an example of
B) systemic physiology.
C) physiological chemistry.
D) organ physiology.
E) pathological physiology.
5) Organ physiology is to ________ as gross anatomy is to ________.
A) cell physiology; microscopic anatomy
B) balance; equilibrium
C) equilibrium; macroscopic anatomy
D) macroscopic anatomy; unbalance
E) imbalance; microscopic anatomy
6) Which of the following is arranged in correct order from the most
A) molecular, cellular, tissue, organ, system, organism
B) organism, system, organ, tissue, cellular, molecular
C) cellular, tissue, molecular, system, organ, organism
D) tissue, cellular, molecular, organ, system, organism
E) organ, organism, molecular, cellular, tissue, system
7) Which organ system provides support, protection of soft tissue, mineral storage, and blood formation?
D) endocrine E) nervous
8) Which organ system transports nutrients, metabolic wastes, gases, and defense cells?
9) The pituitary gland and thyroid gland are organs of the ________ system.
10) Which organ system removes carbon dioxide from the bloodstream?
11) Skin, hair, and nails are associated with the ________ system.
12) A chemical imbalance in the body can cause the heart to stop pumping blood, which in turn will cause other tissues
and organs to cease functioning. This observation supports the view that
A) congenital defects can be life-threatening.
B) all levels of organization within an organism are interdependent.
C) chemical molecules make up cells.
D) all organisms are composed of cells.
E) blood has magical properties.
13) In general, the nervous system does each of the following,