This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Where was the nation’s capital going to be?
* Virginia wanted it.
How do we pay this off?
Good Reputation * Where do we put it?
* Create a Bank of the United States
* Elastic Clause
* Loose interpretation of the Constitution
* Strong central government
* Supports Britain
* National debt is a national blessing
* Wealthy * Republican
* Whiskey Rebellion
Pennsylvania farmers revolt against the federal excise tax on liquor
Quickly dissolved by President Washington without any fighting.
Washington-What am I doing here?
* CIVILIAN Commander in Chief
View Full Document
- Fall '11
- The Federalist Papers