Hum_Mol_Genet_Syllabus_2012_11-28-11

Hum_Mol_Genet_Syllabus_2012_11-28-11 - April 17, 2012...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
BIOL 4753, Human Molecular Genetics, Spring 2012 Class: 215 Williams Hall, 3:10PM-6:00PM (Tuesdays) Textbook: Course Director: Prof. Mark Batzer, 643 LSA, x8-7102, mbatzer@lsu.edu , http://batzerlab.lsu.edu Teaching Assistant: Adam McLain, 653 LSA, x8-7104, amclai1@tigers.lsu.edu DATE: LECTURE TOPICS: January 17, 2012 Lecture 1: DNA Structure and chromosomes January 24, 2012 Lecture 2: Genes in pedigrees, cloning January 31, 2012 Lecture 3: Cloning cont., hybridization assays February 7, 2012 Lecture 4: PCR, sequencing February 14, 2012 Lecture 5: Human genome organization February 21, 2012 Mardi Gras Holiday (No class) February 28, 2012 Lecture 6: Human gene expression (A) March 6, 2012 Lecture 7: Instability of the human genome, exam review March 13, 2012 Exam 1 (40%) March 20, 2012 Lecture 8: Physical and genetic mapping, complex diseases March 27, 2012 Lecture 9: Genome projects, evolution April 3, 2012 Lecture 10: Mobile elements April 10, 2012 Spring Break (No class)
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: April 17, 2012 Lecture 11: Identifying human genes, forensics (A) April 24, 2012 Lecture 12: Research literature discussion (A) May 1, 2012 Lecture 13: Research literature discussion, exam review May 7, 2012 Exam 2 (40%) Monday 3:00 5:00PM Exams: Exams 1 and 2 will each count for 40% of the final grade (80% total). The second exam (Final) will be cumulative. The remaining 20% of the grade will come from the preparation and discussion of original research literature article outlines. The research outlines are due at the beginning of class on March 27 th , 2012. The final/revised versions of the research outlines are due on April 17 th . Graduate credit will be earned through the completion of additional essay examination questions. A single comprehensive make-up exam will be given May 7 th to those students with excused absences from the exam during the semester. Grading: A, 100-90%; B, 89-80%; C, 79-70%; D, 69-60%; F 59% and lower....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 01/06/2012 for the course BIOL 4753 taught by Professor Batzer,m during the Fall '08 term at LSU.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online