Chemistryexerciseforbiology - The first orbital is...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Basic Chemistry Guide and Worksheet About 25 of the naturally occurring 92 elements are known to be essent ntial to life. Four of these make up 96% of living matter -- C, H, O, and N. P, S, Ca, Mg, and K make up the remaining 4% with trace elements needed in minute amounts: Na, Cl, Cu, Fe, I, Zn, Mo, Se, As. 1. Give the name of each of the following: H - ; O - ; C - ; N - ; S - ; P - ; K - ; Mg - ; Na - ; Cl - . 2. Give the following information for each element: At. Number At. Mass (Wt.) # of protons + # of electrons # of neutrons a. carbon b. nitrogen c. sodium d. chlorine e. phosphorus f. Hydrogen g. potassium
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: The first orbital is considered filled with ___ electrons. For our purposes, each orbital (electron shell) besides the first is filled with _____ electrons. If ______ electrons are present in any outermost orbital except the first, it is considered filled. If there are more electrons, they will move to the next level. 4. Prepare atomic configurations showing proton, neutron, and electron makeup of the following: PDF created with FinePrint pdfFactory trial version www.pdffactory.com C H O N P S K Mg Na Cl PDF created with FinePrint pdfFactory trial version www.pdffactory.com...
View Full Document

Page1 / 2

Chemistryexerciseforbiology - The first orbital is...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online