This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Module 2, Topic 2 page 1/1 Module 2, Topic 2 - Managing Users and Groups.
Return to List of Topics.
Self Assessment Exercises
• Chapter 6 of Systems Administration. Self Assessment Exercises
1. List the different types of users found on a Unix system.
2. Where are user passwords kept? Explain each of the fields within this file.
3. What is the purpose of Shadow passwords?
4. Why do we have user groups?
5. List and describe the standard unix groups.
6. Why does each unix facility (eg mail, news, ppp lp, sync etc...) have
7. What is the process for adding a new user?
8. Why are user passwords so important?
9. What does the star symbol "*" mean in a password field?
10. What defines an effective password? Give some examples of effective passwords?
11. Develop a policy regarding the makeup of user passwords. What types of
12. Would you allow? Why types of passwords would you disallow? Workshops Read Chapter 3 of Perl for System Administration. Workshop 2. ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/13/2012 for the course ITC 333 taught by Professor Krishnam during the Three '11 term at Charles Sturt University.
- Three '11