Unformatted text preview: Module 3, Topic 2 page 1/1 Module 3, Topic 2 - Managing Network Resources
Return to List of Topics.
Self Assessment Exercises
• Chapter 8 of Systems Administration. Self Assessment Exercises
1. How are domain names managed?
2. What is function of a DNS server? What types of DNS servers are there? How do
each of these function?
3. What is a routing daemon?
4. Define the following terms:
o Static routing
o Dynamic routing
o Minimal routing
5. When is interior and exterior routing used?
6. When would you use a distance vector routing algorithm?
7. When would you use a link-state routing algorithm?
8. What is NTP? Why do we need it? How does it work?
9. What is SMTP? How does it work? Provide a scenario where SMTP would be
• Read Chapter 5 of Perl for System Administration
Workshop 3. ...
View Full Document
- Three '11
- Domain Name System, routing protocol, Static routing, link-state routing algorithm, Self Assessment Exercises