MKT 320F 2-1 Notes - Foundations of Marketing 2/1/08...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Foundations of Marketing 2/1/08 Demographic dimensions of global consumer markets Marketing strategy planning and demographic dimensions of final consumers Graphs US consumer markets Population trends, income growth & distribution, spending patterns, ethnic dimensions Global consumer markets Population trends, income growth & distribution, urbanization, literacy & other differences Target markets focus on the consumer 3 Main questions What are its relevant segmenting dimensions? How big is it? Where is it? Marketers must get their facts straight People with money make markets Search for growing markets Other countries Current population Population trends US population makes up less than 5% of the world’s population Marketers will look at the potential of the other 95% - i.e. China US population 1982 - 226 million people 2007 - 303 million people Vegas - fastest growing city in the country. Austin’s in the top 5 People are leaving DC, W. Virginia Aging America 65 or older 1980: 25.6 million
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 2

MKT 320F 2-1 Notes - Foundations of Marketing 2/1/08...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online