This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 15/09/2011 Selective permeability of amino acids into a bacterial cell.
Uptake of Leucine into a bacterial cell under 4 conditions:
1. Alone ( ) 2. With 50 times more glutamate ( ) 3. With 50 times more valine
( ) 4. Alone, with ATP synthesis inhibitor. ( ) Chemical structures of
4 amino acids. What conclusions can you draw from the graph?
1. Leucine, valine and glutamate all enter through the same transporter.
2. Glutamate and valine enter through the same transporter.
3. Valine and leucine enter through the same transporter.
4. Leucine transport requires ATP.
5. There is a separate transporter for all 3 amino acids. A.
E. All 5 are reasonable.
Only 3 and 4 are reasonable.
Only 4 and 5 are reasonable.
Only 1, 2, 3 are reasonable.
Only 1 and 4 are reasonable. 1 ...
View Full Document