This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: The FFA The
Where Could I
Go In The FFA? Required Readings:
Student Handbook - Chap. 5
Advisor’s Guide - Lesson 5-1&2 Focus
Focus FFA New Horizons Magazine
• Serves as a spring-board for
Serves local members
– See what others across the
nation and their state are doing. • Highlights:
– Careers, members, officers, etc.
• Risk management essay
– Win a trip to Washington D.C.
for student and advisor. How can
help? Conventions - Area
• All areas have a short 1-2 day convention
All that serves as a qualification round for state
• Many of the same opportunities exist.
• Teachers have much more responsibility Conventions - State (Texas)
Conventions • When?
• What will happen?
• Student Responsibilities:
• Teacher Responsibilities: Conventions - National
• What’s There?
• How do you get to go? Leadership Camps!
• Local Camps
• Area/District Camps
• Greenhand Camps
• State, Area, District, &
State, Local Officer Camps
Local Leadership Conferences:
• Local, District, Area, & State:
• Experiencing Discovery
Experiencing Growth and Excellence (EDGE)
• Made for Excellence (MFE)
• Advanced Leadership Development (ALD)
• Washington Leadership Conference: (WLC) State & National Officers
• State = 10
• National = 6 FFA Global Opportunities
• Australian Homestay
International Dairy and
Adventure New Zealand
The World Experience in
Exchange You Are
Be Guided Practice
• Look Into Your Crystal Ball!
– You know what students do at camps,
competitions and conventions, now predict
what you will do will as an agriscience teacher
at these events.
– You and a partner predict what you will do.
– Which group will have the closest prediction? ...
View Full Document
- Fall '10