chapt06LectureOutlines

chapt06LectureOutlines - 1 Chapter 6 Cardiovascular System:...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–7. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: 1 Chapter 6 Cardiovascular System: Blood Who is this? Harry What is he doing? Donating whole blood for a friend who was in an accident. 2 Outline Blood: An Overview Function and Composition of Blood Red Blood Cells and Transport of Oxygen White Blood Cells and Defense Against Disease Platelets and Blood Clotting Blood Typing and Transfusions Homeostasis 3 0001 Difference between giving plasma (plasmaphoresis) and giving whole blood? 4 Functions of Blood Transport of oxygen, hormones, and waste. (Blood is the primary transport medium.) Defense against patho gens (disease, producer). (Blood defends the body against invasion by pathogens in several ways.) Regulation of body temperature / prevent blood loss (Blood has regulatory functions.) 5 Composition of Blood Blood is divided into two layers. Formed Elements . Red Blood Cells. White Blood Cells. Platelets. Plasma . 6 Plasma Water makes up about 92% of plasma , while the remaining 8% consists of various salts and organic molecules. Three major plasma proteins help to maintain homeostasis....
View Full Document

Page1 / 39

chapt06LectureOutlines - 1 Chapter 6 Cardiovascular System:...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 7. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online