c489 task 3.pdf - Running Head Healthcare Financing 1 Organizational Systems and Quality Leadership Task 3 Sandra Priesing Western Governors University

c489 task 3.pdf - Running Head Healthcare Financing 1...

This preview shows page 1 - 3 out of 6 pages.

Running Head: Healthcare Financing 1 Organizational Systems and Quality Leadership Task 3 Sandra Priesing Western Governors University July 02, 2020
Running Head: Healthcare Financing 2 A1. Country to Compare The United States and Japan are the two countries that I have chosen for comparison of their healthcare system. A1. Access The Japanese government has established a healthcare system that provides universal health coverage as a legal requirement by the state. Coverage can be obtained through an employer or by enrolling in community-based insurance. Japan has two major health plans; one of them is the Japanese National Health Insurance, and it’s available to students, those who work less than 30 hours a week, or those who are unemployed. The other is the Japanese Health Insurance, available to all full-time employees. Anyone who stays in Japan for more than 90 days is required to sign up with the Japanese National Health Insurance unless covered by another country’s private insurance ( Guide to Health Insurance and Healthcare System in Japan, 2020). Insurance costs will vary by a percentage depending on family and income, but most will pay about 30% of their healthcare costs, and the government will pay for the other 70% of the plan (Guide to Health Insurance and Healthcare System in Japan, 2020). As opposed to Japan, the United States does not provide universal health insurance coverage. Many Americans have problems with access to health care due to the high cost of health insurance. The health system in America consists of either public, private, profit, and non-profit health care providers. According to Commonwealth fund in 2018, about 55 percent of the population was covered under employer-sponsored insurance Government programs such as Medicare help those 65 and older or under the age of 65 with long-term disabilities or end-stage renal disease (United States Commonwealth Fund, 2020). Other programs include Medicaid and