mdm12Section6_6_OddSolutionsFinal

mdm12Section6_6_OddSolutionsFinal - Q1-3 Q7 Q15 Q5 Q9-13...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Q1-3 Q5 Q7 Q9-13 Q15 CHAPTER 6 Section 6.6, pp. 353–356 Solutions to Odd Number Problems 1. a) Not a probability vector; the components do not add to 1. b) A probability vector; the components add to 1 and all lie between 0 and 1. c) Not a probability vector; it is not a row vector. d) Not a probability vector; there is a negative component. e) A probability vector; the components add to 1, and all lie between 0 and 1. 3. a) Initially, ZapShot has 67% of the market for digital cameras and E-pics has 33% of the market. b) If the customer's initial purchase was with ZapShot, there is a 60% chance that the customer returns to ZapShot, and a 40% chance that he/she switches to E-pics. If the customer's initial purchase was with E-pics, there is 50% chance that the customer returns to E-pics, and a 50% chance that he/she switches to ZapShot. c) 0.6 0.4 0.67 0.33 0.567 0.433 0.5 0.5 ⎡⎤ = ⎢⎥ ⎣⎦ After one stage, Zapshot has 56.7% of the market and E-pics has 43.3% of t the market.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 5

mdm12Section6_6_OddSolutionsFinal - Q1-3 Q7 Q15 Q5 Q9-13...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online