Unformatted text preview: Uniﬁed Engineering I Fall 2003 Problem S2 (Signals and Systems)
For the circuit below, solve for all the branch currents and branch voltages, using
the following steps. (Note: This problem will be easier once you learn the node
method and the loop method. You should do just this one problem the long way.)
1. Label each circuit element with a branch voltage and branch current.
2. Write down Kirchhoﬀ’s voltage law for each loop in the circuit.
3. Write down Kirchoﬀ’s current law for all the nodes, except one.
4. Write down the constitutive relation for each circuit element.
5. Verify that there are as many equations as unknowns, and solve for all the
unknowns. Hint: You should do this in an organized way, as there are a large
number of variables. ¢¦ ¡ £ ¥¤
V1 = 4 V, R2 = 4 Ω, R3 = 6 Ω, R4 = 12 Ω, V5 = 6 V ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/28/2012 for the course AERO 16.01 taught by Professor Markdrela during the Fall '05 term at MIT.
- Fall '05